TWO FIRE appliances from Prees and Wem were mobilised last night, after a combine harvester caught on fire.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) received a call at 9.45pm yesterday, July 28, reporting a fire classified as tractor fire in Shawbury Road, Wem.

A spokesman from SFRS said: "Crews used hosereel jet, thermal imaging camera, to tackle the fire.


“A combine harvester fire caused by an overheated park break was extinguished by fire service personnel.”

A stop message, confirming no further assistance was needed, was sent out to control at 10.26pm.