A faulty boiler was the cause of a flood in Whitchurch's High Street, the fire service has confirmed.

A crew from Whitchurch Fire Station were called at 1.50pm on Saturday, July 6, to reports of a flood affecting electrics in the town centre.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said the incident was due to a faulty boiler.


In a statement, the fire service said: "At 13:50 on Saturday, 6 July, 2024, SFRS Fire Control received a call reporting an incident classified as flood affecting electrics in Whitchurch.

"One fire appliance was mobilised from Whitchurch.

"This incident was due to a faulty boiler."

Firefighters' involvement in the incident ended by 2.23pm after the crew isolated the boiler after using a thermal imaging camera.