Fire Crews were scrambled to a house in Whitchurch after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue were called out to a fire in Fenns Bank in Whitchurch last night (January 5) to tackle a fire in a home.

Three fire crews were scrambled from Whitchurch, Prees and Ellesmere to tackle the blaze which was found to have involved a tumble dryer catching fire. 


A spokesperson for Shropshire Fire and Rescue said: "At 8.38pm on Friday, January 5, 2024, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service Fire Control received a call reporting a fire classified as House Fire Persons Reported in Whitchurch.

"Three fire appliances were mobilised from Ellesmere, Prees and Whitchurch. An Operations officer was in attendance.

"Tumble dryer fire. All persons accounted for. This incident was in North Wales with Shropshire crews attending as closest crews."