THREE fire crews tackle a blaze that started in a kitchen cupboard in a house in Wem last night (Monday, August 21).

Fire appliances from Prees, Wem and Whitchurch were called out to the blaze in New Street, Wem, at 6.55pm.

Crews, alongside an operations officer, used two breathing apparatus, covering jet and hosereel jet to put out the fire.


A spokesperson from Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire was in the cupboard in the kitchen.

“The property was smoke logged and all persons were accounted for.”

A stop message, confirming no further assistance was needed, was sent out to control at 7.39pm.