WHITCHURCH Alport head into this weekend’s KMJ Mortgages Stadium clash against Northwich Victoria still searching for their first league win of the season.

Back-to-back performances against Avro on Saturday and Runcorn three days later should have yielded four points.

But Luke Goddard cited naivety as the side conceded three stoppage time goals across both fixtures which netted them just a solitary point. Two late goals condemned Alport to a 3-1 defeat in Greater Manchester against Avro at the weekend.

Joe Howell had given the Reds a first half lead with a wonder strike but a Liam Ellis header 10 minutes into the second half and a 92nd minute screamer from Mason Aspin broke Whitchurch hearts.

60 seconds later a mix up between Krystian Burzynski and Karamo Sesay allowed Avro skipper Kyle Jacobs to profit to rub salt into the gaping wounds.

Then, on Monday night Runcorn struck as the clock ticked beyond 90 minutes with the Reds having only themselves to blame for failing to kill off their opponents with the chances they fashioned across the match.

Alport again led at the interval although in fortuitous circumstances as Aidan Roxburgh deflected a shot from the impressive Jacob Farleigh over his own goalkeeper, Adam Reid.

But, with a defensive reshuffle necessary after a smashing debut from Will Hall ended prematurely through injury, Alport couldn’t hang on and Craig Cairns pounced for Town from close range to once again leave team and fans dejected.

Goddard was understandably downhearted as his side’s performances certainly deserved more than one point over the two games

He said: “I’ve said there after the match that we were naïve but really you can sum up our evening in just two words – missed chances.

“Before they score a really scruffy goal – and again in added on time – we should have been three or four goals clear.

“Their keeper was man of the match, we’ve hit the bar and post but you have to stick your chances away when you’re on top and we could have won both games yet have lost one and drawn one.”

Burzynski played his last game between the posts as he has decided to return to Poland for work purposes and Goddard is hopeful of landing a replacement in time for the weekend.