The Whitchurch Monday night league has reached the halfway stage of the season following the latest round of games.

Bottom-placed Bulls Head C hosted league leaders Bulls head B and early on looked like an upset was on the cards after Chloe Deer put the C side ahead.

Team mate Julie Sharp then went one up in the second game before Pete Warburton sparked the revival taking the next two legs to level up overall.

B Team players Nigel Neale and Andy Mullinder both fired 18-dart 501 legs as well as maximums as the leaders finally ran out 7-1 winners.

Second-placed Crown also enjoyed a 7-1 away win, this time at the expense of the Archibald Worthington Club.

Again the higher placed team had to come from behind after John Hamer put the Archie ahead.

The Crown responded in some style taking the remaining games without conceding a leg as they maintain the pressure on the leaders.

The Archie meanwhile drop one place to eighth overall.

The big movers of the week were the Eagles, who soar up two places to sixth following a close 5-3 victory over Bulls Head A.

Indeed, visitors Bulls Head had led 2-0 through Lochlain McGuiness and Bill Brayford, with Bill pitching an 18-dart leg.

Charlie Evans spearheaded a comeback for the Eagles who took the next four games 2-0, which included wins for Andrew Ashley and John Murphy who fired a 180.

Lochlain and Bill teamed up to take the first pairs for the Bull, which ensured the overall match was in the balance going into the deciding pairs math that went the way of the Eagles as Evans and Murphy combined to sentence the Bulls Head to a second defeat in five games as they remain Ninth overall.

Cock and Greyhound A remain third following a comprehensive 7-1 victory away at White Lion.

Although the White Lion had to wait until the final game of the night to claim their solitary victory through Matt Goulding, they had taken a further three of the games to a deciding leg with Ben Grocott in particular ruing a 136 outshot to having hit both treble 20s prior to the dart at the double.

Cock and Greyhound's Steve Mullock fired a maximum while team mate Ben Evans had an 18-dart leg as they remain in the higher reaches of the league, with the added significance of a game in hand on the top two.

The White Lion drop one place to seventh having now lost five of their last six games.

Finally the Bridge enjoyed the perfect victory over Cock and Greyhound B as they claimed an 8-0 victory without conceding a leg.

The Bridge had it by no means as easy as the scoreline suggests as missed doubles cost the Cock and Greyhound B dearly although they still remain one place off the bottom.

Neil Aspinall from the Bridge fired the game's only maximum as they remain fourth, four points clear of Whitchurch Alport FC who had no match.