Firefighters from Malpas were on called out on Friday morning after reports of a tiled chimney fire at Shocklach school.

One engine from Malpas arrived at the school, in Green Lane, and firefighters used a short extension ladder to discover a small fire at the bottom of a chimney stack at at around 8.30am.

Firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and a thermal imaging camera to monitor temperatures, and once the fire was out they cleared debris from the chimney with the aid of an inspection plate and a hose reel jet.

The crew was in attendance for around 90 minutes.