Hallmark Security North West Counties League

Premier Division

Whitchurch Alport 0

Winsford United 3

Three second-half goals condemned Whitchurch Alport to their biggest home defeat of the season in the sunshine at Yockings Park on Saturday.

Relegation-threatened Winsford scored three times in 10 minutes with poor defending a contributory factor in each goal to condemn the Reds to defeat in the first half of their Bank Holiday double.

It had been a decent contest up until the first goal went in on 63 minutes but after that Whitchurch had nothing to particularly trouble the opposition goalkeeper.

Dave Parton was arguably the man of the match but an uncharacteristic slip allowed Winsford to score a second goal and the mistake proved pivotal to the outcome.

His first save came early on when he had to go full length to push away Nathan Brown's shot.

At the other end Dan Skelton tried his luck from long range but he was wide of the target.

Perhaps one of the key factors was an injury to Kevin Street because after his substitution the Reds seemed to lose their way.

Two fantastic saves by Parton just before the break kept Alport in it whilst Michael Livesey remained untroubled in the United goal.

Sam Madeley had a fine effort which flashed just past a post on the hour but the let off would last for the briefest of periods.

A long hopeful punt upfield left a static defence stranded and there was Madeley in acres of space to knock the ball past Parton. Winsford smelt blood and went two up after 71 minutes from a corner.

Surrounded by players in a crowded area Parton flapped at the ball and Perry Burkinshaw headed into the top corner. The Reds keeper made amends soon after by denying David Short but another corner brought about a third goal for the visitors.

A lower delivery this time eluded everyone except skipper Steve Jenyon who was virtually on the goal-line when he found the net.

Looking tired and well beaten, top scorer Alex Hughes headed against a post but Winsford maintained their pressure and were worthy winners on a poor afternoon for Whitchurch.