Northern Division - South Lancs & Cheshire Division 2

Oswestry 57 Oldershaw 0

Granville Park proved once more a solid home for Oswestry as they won heavily to nil for the second home game running. Their visitors from Wallasey were instantly under pressure as the Eagles forced a scrum and Nick Clay gave the ball to Luca Owen Youens who, with his pace, was able to run into the corner and score the first try of the afternoon, which went unconverted, to make it 5-0.

From the restart Oswestry were quick to get the ball back into the visitor's half. For more than 10 minutes, Oldershaw were under immense pressure, which led to Scott Smith ripping the ball from Oldershaw's number 8 and charging over to score the second try of the day. Once again the conversion was missed and Oswestry led 10-0.

Within five minutes of the restart, Nikola Nickolov was able to collect the ball and run in the third try of the afternoon but the Oswestry boot was misfiring as another conversion was missed as the Eagles led 15-0.

Oldershaw finally found their feet, slowly starting to creep into the Oswestry half, but the home defence proved to be too strong as Connor Blair, Jack Charmley and Noah Chunsi all putting big hits on the visitors. After nearly 20 minutes of play Oswestry were back in the visitor’s half hungry for another try which came courtesy of Fabrizio Gaito, sealing the all-important fourth bonus point try. Chunsi found his target and was able to convert, making it 22-0.

Four soon became five after some big hits in the midfield, Jack Charmley ran in to cap Oswestry dominance in the first half and Chunsi, who now had his eye in, converted to make it 29-0 at half-time.

Oswestry kicked off the second half quickly finding territory in the Oldershaw half, with the visitors beginning to lose their shape and discipline, with the referee having to intervene.

A surging run by Liam Williams resulted in a high tackle and a penalty awarded to Oswestry. Charmley had to come off to have treatment to his eye. Andrew Merritt came on to replace him in the pack. Oswestry found touch just feet from the visitors try line. Gareth Ellis won good line-out ball and Smith was able to charge over to score his second try and Oswestry’s sixth try. Chunsi kicked the conversion to make it 36-0.

Guy Roberts had to retire from the game with an ankle injury giving way to Guy Howell. From the restart Merritt went on a good run passing the ball to Williams to score and Chunsi converted to make it 43-0.

Things got out of hand with a fight breaking out, leading to Howell bieng yellow carded for defending a teammate, depsite Oldershaw's flanker startign the trouble. Oldershaw now had the player advantage but could not capitalize and Oswestry won a line-out close to the half-way line, leading toanother score from Nikolov and once again Chunsi converted to make it 50-0.

Oldershaw could not break the Oswestry line, who pushed again into the visitors half. The hosts were back to full strength and pushed Oldershaw back and from good work by Andrew Smith charging at the visitors defence was able to release Luca Owen Youens to score his second try and the ninth Oswestry try of the day. Chunsi converted the try making the score 57-0.

Oldershaw did not give up and after the restart found themselves in the Oswestry half but the wall of red and black prevented the visitors getting anything out of this match. Full time came and Oswestry remain 10th in the league with 52 points. A good performance by all the team and Chunsi scoring 12 points with the boot but man of the match was given to Nikolov.

Oswestry are without a clash on Saturday but travel to Aspull who are fourth, on May 12.