Principality Welsh Premier League round-up: Week 29

Bangor City 2 - 5 Llanelli

Bangor City's title challenge was severely derailed in front of their own fans as Llanelli struck with a devastating spell after the break.

City had taken a second minute lead through Sion Edwards but were pegged back by half-time when Craig Moses found the net for Llanelli on 37 minutes.

Llanelli then took the lead two minutes after the restart with a Kris Thomas goal, and then Bangor imploded as they leaked three goals in the space of 11 minutes courtesy of Jason Bowen and a Rhys Grffiths double before Les Davies added scant consolation to the Citizens' fading championship dreams.

Haverfordwest County 1 - 3 Aberystwyth Town

Aberystwyth moved into seventh place and a Europa League play-off spot with a 3-1 demlolition of relegated Haverfordwest.

Anthony Finselbach scored a goal in each half to put the visitors in the driving seat before Ashley Scott added a third on the hour.

County did manage a goal through Neil Thomas as Aber congratulated themselves on a job well done, and they will now have their sights firmly set on hanging on to seventh place and a potential match-up with Neath for a shot at European football.

Port Talbot Town 1 - 2 Neath

Neath face a fight to hang on to third spot after Llanelli threw down the gauntlet with their mauling of Bangor City.

But the Eagles showed they have the mettle for the task in hand after taking all three points from Port Talbot's Steelmen with goals from Paul Fowler and Craig Hughes.

Luke Bowen had put Port Talbot level before the interval when he responded to Fowler's 11th minute strike, but Hughes intervened ten minutes from time to keep third place firmly within his side's grasp ahead of their trip to The New Saints on Friday.

Prestatyn Town 0 - 2 The New Saints

The New Saints made short work of Prestatyn on their trip to the seaside with two early goals to send a cloud over the home fans.

Danny Holmes struck with just five minutes gone before Chris Sharp added a tenth minute second to put the points in the bag before the break and send Saints four points clear at the top with three games remaining.

The New Saints could now clinch the title this weekend should results go their way meaning a potential winner-takes-all clash with Bangor on the season's last day could prove to be nothing more than an exhibition match.

Airbus UK 1 - 1 Bala Town

Mark Connolly's late goal gave Bala a lifeline at Airbus UK as they sit two points from safety with two games left to play.

The result means Airbus are still to register a win under new boss, Darren Ryan, and slip out of the coveted Europa League play-off place as they surrendered seventh spot to in-form Aberystwyth.

Airbus had put themselves ahead through Ian Sheridan on 11 minutes but now find themselves playing catch-up with time running out.

Carmarthen Town 2 - 1 Newtown

Two goals in qiuick succession from Carmarthen was enough to beat keep them in with an outside chance of bringing European football to Richmond Park.

Tom Hicks and Nick Palmer both struck within a minute of each other just before the hour to leave Newtown floundering just two points from the relegation zone.

Sam Bailey scored late on to pull one back for the Robins who still need to win one of their remaining games to be sure of escaping the drop.