Wem woman escapes house fire as heaters cause flames

Reporter:

Staff reporter (Whitchurch Herald)

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house fire in Wem yesterday where a woman managed to escape before the flames took hold.

The fire started at the house, in the Roden Grove, at around 5.30pm after a neighbour raised the alarm.

The woman - in her 30s - escaped the fire, which is thought to have been started when a heater caught fire, leading to an electric fire being set alight.

It then spread to a wall-mounted TV as well as shelving. 

Firefighters, from Wem and Prees, used four breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to put the fire out. 

See full story in the Whitchurch Herald

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read